Wednesday 15 February 2012

I hate my clothes

Yep, I said it. I hate my clothes. I'm not buying new ones, so I now need to figure out what to make, and what inspires me. I think it's going to be a long road ahead.
I'm going to start off with a set of knit tops for Tilly's week long wearathon. I was trying to figure out what I needed seven of, and knit tops it is. I'm going to use my trusty 1970's pattern, Butterick 4762:

I've already made two, and have a rubbermaid box full of knit fabric to use up.
I'm also going to make a couple more A-line skirts:
It's actually a great pattern, I've made it once. The waistband is 'fake' it's sewn over the A-line skirt itself as opposed to a true waistband. The back piece wraps all the way around to the pockets in the front, and there are darts at the sides. The pattern calls for underlining, I guess to make the skirt stick out, but I omitted it in my only minor update (well, I also had to grade the pattern, my waist hasn't been 28 inches in a _long_ time).

That'll be my basic uniform for the fall. Once I have that done I have a bunch of sewing to do for my brother's wedding (ring bearer suits) and my husband (merino t-shirts)

No comments:

Post a Comment